Sunday, October 30, 2005

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

"Writing is a profession in which you have to keep proving your talent to people who have none."
Jules Renard


I love that quote!

I'm reading Spike Lee's new book titled "Spike Lee: That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It". It's very interesting about how he struggled as an African American filmmaker in the 70s and early 80s (he was broke, broke, broke!) and people kept telling Spike that black directors wouldn't work, nobody would pay to see black movies, and that he would never make it in Hollywood. He proved everybody wrong -- makes a movie a year now -- and although he's a rather shy guy by nature (outspoken on issues, but reserved by nature), he believed in his ability and talent to perservere and make it. Good lesson for all of us when we get discouraged!

Be a pioneer in your own world.

Well, heard from the A-list producer dude! After weeks of waiting, he sent me an email today telling me to WAIT some more... until the middle of this week for those notes I've been longing for regarding the sports drama. So, I waited weeks just to hear wait some more... hey, that's the business, folks... so I'll keep working on other projects in the meantime.

A special note of respect for Rosa Parks who died this week. Besides being a pioneer for civil rights in America, she is now the first woman to be lying in honor at the U.S. Capitol. Wow. Even in passing, this woman is a pioneer.

Write on, everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!