Thursday, May 25, 2006

Apple & Final Draft.7

It was about that time to update and upgrade my writing technology.

So I went out a purchased a new Apple G4 laptop for writing scripts primarily in great NYC locations. I don't think I'll be writing much in Starbucks like other screenwriters (maybe in the winter months), but right now there are too many terrific places to write outdoors. I passed a Tibetan tea house recently with an outdoor back garden area. Now that sounds like the perfect place to write.

I also upgraded to Final Draft.7 I just started using it last night so I'm not sure what the differences will be from Version 6, but Final Draft is a great screenwriting program. I won my first version back in 2000 (Version 5). I had entered their screenwriting trivia contest online and WON (I never win anything). So I have special fondness for Final Draft although there are a ton of writing programs out there for you to choose from.

Can we talk pre-summer movies? I haven't seen one. I'm terrible, aren't I? I'm not contributing to the movie economy at all. And I LOVE movies. Nothing interests me. I may check out The DiVinci Code (enjoyed the book), but I'm not running to the movie theater. Tom Cruise? Usually love his movies too (the early ones "Jerry MaGuire", "A Few Good Men", "The Firm", "Born of the Fourth of July", "The Color of Money"). I'm not into Action-Tom (that includes sofa jumping). Oh wait, I will rush to see Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn in "The Breakup" (looks hilarious) and did you catch VV on "Oprah"? I'd say Jen hit the jackpot with that tall, charming guy.

Ok, time to take my laptop out and get busy writing. Now the dilemma isn't what do I write, but where to write? There is always an excuse to procrastinate. I love technology.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have FD 6 and an ancient 97 Toshiba laptop... the only plus on it is I have wireless, but I need a new one too