Thursday, November 10, 2005

"The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof shit detector."
Ernest Hemingway

I'm still working on my crime drama script. It's been a really busy week away from the computer (making a living here and there editing), so I haven't been as dedicated to writing as I'd like. Next week my schedule looks clear and I'll have no excuses. Aren't writers always looking for excuses not to write? Cleaning, shopping, bathing the dog, Christmas shopping... but sooner or later, the work has to get done with butt in the chair.

I'm helping a Canadian fellow put together a "demo" for a talk show. Mark's super intelligent and a great interviewer. This would be a NYC arts and culture-type program. It's coming along great. We shoot our first interview Sunday with playwright Bill C. Davis (Broadway's "Mass Appeal", "Avow"), who incidentally was my playwrighting professor at Marist College. He's a bright, animated guy (who is running for the U.S. Congress in Connecticut in '06 with the Green Party). The interview should be really great. I may have a website soon for you to watch the edited DVD once it's done (good program about the playwrighting process).

My good friend Hillit Dayan is soon returning to the USA after spending over two years in England (attending grad school in London). I can't wait to see her and catch up. It will be interesting too to get her take on the USA from abroad. I can only imagine.

I walked by Rockefeller Plaza today and noticed the Christmas tree is already up (just not lit yet). The tourists are arriving in droves around St. Patrick's and Saks. Gotta love NY this time of year (even if it means getting shoved around by the massive crowds on the streets)!

Peace, everybody.

1 comment:

Mona said...

Ohmygod! I don't walk over there anymore now that I don't live on the east side, I can't believe it's up already! Slow down November! I hate it I love fall and it's already over, and the XMAS tree being up is a surefire sign!