Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ON THE BOARDS

Yesterday, the phone rang and it was an artistic director from a NYC theater company. She left a voicemail on my machine that said my short play "NetFits" had been selected to be performed at the American Globe Theater's 15 Minute Play Festival in May.

I submitted the work in the early fall and forgot about it. I sent a few copies of the play out. From screenwriting, I know that all you can do is send it and hope for the best. I don't usually follow up with people because it's like dating -- if it went well -- you'll hear from the person. You don't need to call and bug them.

That was one of the best phone calls I've received in a long time about my writing.
So keep writing, people, and don't sit by the phone... or check your e-mails every five seconds... but sooner or later, that call or e-mail will come.

And I hope you'll come see my play in May. The dream lives on.

Peace.

No comments: