Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

It's Mother's Day.  A bittersweet day for me.

I lost my mother fourteen years ago ( a day doesn't go by that I don't think of her).  I wish I could say it gets easier -- time does heal -- but the world is a very different place when you mother has left it. 

My mother taught me about humor and often kept me breathless with laughter.  My Mom was smart, insightful and open-minded.  She was curious about everything.  She loved movies (she gave me that gift), books (she enjoyed reading for hours every day), faith (she showed me how to love, forgive and to be kind to others).  She taught me to pray.  We used to enjoy going to an empty church together and being still.  She taught me to keep my faith and to never lose hope, no matter what.

I miss my mother, Catherine, in my life. She lives on in my heart.  She told me once that because I was born in the month of May that I was God's gift to her for Mother's Day.  I actually received the gift. There is nothing like a mother's unconditional love to lift you up.

I love you, Mom.  

To all the wonderful mothers out there, THANK YOU, for all you give and sacrifice for your children.  They will remember and cherish the memories you create together now.  So take time to make memories.

Until next time,
Janet




No comments: