Friday, August 29, 2008

HOPE

A week later since my last post and things look much brighter. The Clintons and the Obamas united and a dream seems alive. No matter what your political affiliations, America stands a little taller today with Barack Obama officially nominated by the Democratic party to run for president of the United States of America.

And who needs more hope than us writers? I sent out several scripts last month and have only heard crickets since -- so instead of waiting like most writers do for a rejection or acceptance -- I wrote the producers. Three said they hadn't even looked at my script yet. Many ahead of mine in line. Patience. Hope.

My play is making the rounds to literary agents and artistic directors in New York. It's exciting to send out new work.

Hope is eternal.




1 comment:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Absolutely, Janet! Hope, and if I might add, possibility. Good luck!
And as I may have already mentioned once before while I attended The New School, one of my professors once told me that perserverence is key. Once you stop writing, there'll never be a chance. I plan to write until the end!